As an Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) academy, all vacancies at Ormiston Sudbury Academy (OSA) are advertised and administered through the central OAT vacancies portal here
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING:
English and Science ‘Catch Up’ Tutors – KS4 (CASUAL)
To start as soon as possible
Salary: £25 per hour
Contract type: Casual hours Location: Academy site – Sudbury, Suffolk
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dedicated tutor of English/Science, with a passion for their subject, to join our team of talented staff.
As a 1:1 or small group tutor you will provide support to students in Key Stage 4 . The successful candidate will be passionate about helping students to achieve the best that they can.
For full advert, please see here (English) / or here (Science)
Job Description available here (English) / or here (Science)
APPLICATION THROUGH OAT VACANCIES PORTAL (post may be accessed directly here – English ‘Catch Up’ Tutor or Science ‘Catch Up’ Tutor )
Teacher of Maths – suitable for ECT (from September 2022)
Closing Date: Friday 24th June 2022 Interviews: As soon as possible thereafter Post commences: September 2022
Salary: Appropriate point on teacher’s pay scale
Contract type: Full time Contract term: Permanent Location: Sudbury, Suffolk
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dedicated Teacher of Maths with a passion for their subject, to join our team of talented staff from September 2022 and we welcome ECT teachers.
For full advert, please see here Job Description available here
APPLICATION THROUGH OAT VACANCIES PORTAL (post may be accessed directly here – Teacher of Maths)
Resources/Reprographics Technician and Exams Support (from September 2022)
Closing Date: 12noon on Friday 24th June (12noon) Interviews: Monday 27th June (to be confirmed) Post commences: 1st September 2022.
Salary: £16053 (ACTUAL) – Point 3 on payscale
Contract type: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus 5 training days) Contract term: Permanent Location: Sudbury, Suffolk
The purpose of the Resources Technician/Exams Support post is to provide an efficient professional Reprographics and Resources service to the students and staff of Ormiston Sudbury Academy, whilst, in addition, supporting the Exams officer during exam periods.
For full advert, please see here Job Description/Person Specification available here
APPLICATION THROUGH OAT VACANCIES PORTAL (post may be accessed directly here – Resources and Exams Assistant)
For full details and to apply for any post….
….. please visit the relevant section of the OAT vacancies portal here: https://oatcareers.co.uk/ (or, directly, here for Teacher of Maths, Resources and Exams Assistant)
Any queries, prior to submitting an application, should be directed to the Principal, Mrs Caroline Wilson ([email protected])
Before applying for any post at the Academy, you may like to:
See our ‘Welcome to OSA’ video here
READ WHAT OFSTED SAYS ABOUT US:
Well on its way to being outstanding, Ormiston Sudbury Academy is a “good school.” (Ofsted, March 2018)
For ANY post at the Academy, successful candidates will:
- Be enthusiastic and passionate, with the drive and determination to move the Academy to outstanding – currently Ofsted rated good.
- Support students to be the best that they can be.
- Be a dedicated team player who develops excellent relationships with students and colleagues.
- Be flexible and support other faculties if required.
- Be a professional who models expectations and promotes positive behaviour.
- Be committed to all students achieving their full potential and the learning vision of the Academy.
- Be driven, motivated, adaptable, resilient, reflective and have a good sense of humour.
- Have a good standard of education including GCSE (or equivalent) C or above in English and maths.
- Be familiar with and uphold safeguarding policies and willing to assist with medical and first aid requirements of the students
If you would relish the opportunity of working with us in our supportive and stimulating professional environment, then we would welcome your application.
Academy Recruitment Information
Ormiston Sudbury Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Ormiston Sudbury Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.
Ormiston Academies Trust Employer Information
- Ormiston Trust is fast becoming one of the largest sponsors of academies in the country. It established Ormiston Academies Trust to manage the transformation of learning and improve performance in its academies. Ormiston Academies are encouraged to collaborate and share best practice. This process has been successful in ensuring rapid and quality-driven improvements for the entire family of Ormiston Academies. The Trust is an ethical sponsor, committed to improving the life chances of children and young people.
- Ormiston Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check, and confirmation of employment is subject to this. As part of Ormiston Academies Trust we adhere to the Equality Act 2010.