All students at Ormiston Sudbury Academy are expected to apply for a place in Higher Education. An undergraduate programme of study at university or a conservatoire in music, dance or drama for example. Advice on all matters relating to higher education is available from the Head of Sixth Form as well as from form tutors. A full range of university prospectuses will be available in the Learning Resource Centre and all information is also readily available through university websites and the UCAS website. On returning after the summer exams all Year 12 students will attend a University Fayre and be guided through the UCAS process. During the summer term of Year 12, careful thought needs to be given and preliminary research carried out into possible courses and university next step entrance requirements.
Please click here for the UCAS website and information about the application process.
It is essential that all young people are offered the right guidance for their choice of future career. There are many apprenticeship opportunities available. Please speak to Mrs Mackay in the Library and view the websites below:
More useful websites
- UCAS – All about university courses and how to apply.
- QCA – All about qualifications.
- University Guide Online – Find the perfect university courses, in the UK or abroad. Enter your predicted grades, where geographically you would like to study and the courses that you are most interested in. Compare a wide range of aspects about university life including student satisfaction, rankings and graduate employment.
- opendays.com – university and college open day directory
- Push – Independent guide to UK universities, student life, gap years and “everything studentish”.
- Unistats – Compare official course information and data from UK universities and colleges.
- gov.uk – Funding and financial information for students.
- Student Loans Company
- National Union of Students (NUS)
- BUNAC – Work, intern or volunteer abroad.
- EDT – A year in industry, taster experiences.
- gapyear.com – Ideas for your year out. Plan, book and share your experience.
- National Careers Service – Information and guidance on learning, training and wrok.
- Plotr – Career inspiration and preparation.
- The Source – Career advice and apprenticeship opportunities for young people in Suffolk.
- gov.uk – Find an apprenticeship.
Recruitment agencies and job websites